Last revised: September 4, 2022
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Through your use of our Services, we collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. We collect personal information from you directly and automatically as you use our Website as outlined below.
- Information We Collect From You
We will collect personal information from you when you:
• Contact us: When you contact us, you will need to provide us with your personal identifiers (name, email address, and telephone number) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services.
• Plan an event: To plan an event, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, address, and company name) and details on your event. We use this personal information to manage and facilitate your event and to communicate with you.
• Request leasing information: When you request leasing information from us, we will collect your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number) and commercial information (store name and lease details). We use this personal information to assess your request and respond to your inquiry.
• Sign up for Pointe Orlando VIP emails: If you sign up for The Pointe VIP emails, we will collect your personal identifiers (name and email address) to fulfill your request.
• Take selfies: Our information directories permit you to take selfies at The Pointe. To do so, we will collect your visual information (your photograph) and your personal identifiers (telephone number). We use this personal information to facilitate your selfie request and send the selfie to you.
• Utilize The Pointe’s Wi-Fi: If you take advantage of the Wi-Fi at The Pointe, we will collect your personal identifiers (email address) and your internet and other electronic network activity information (device ID). We use this personal information to provide you with Wi-Fi.
In our processing of your personal information, we may also use your personal information to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
- Information Collected From Third Party Sources
If you submit a leasing application, we will receive your personal information from our credit check provider. This includes your personal identifiers (name), commercial information (loans, payment history, and status), criminal history, and credit score. We use this personal information to assess your leasing application.
We also purchase aggregated and anonymized data of consumers from our advertising provider for data analytics and actionable insights. We use this aggregated and anonymized data to understand preferences and foot traffic to improve our Services. Our provider receives consumer information from mobile applications that have integrated with our provider’s technology. To change your consent to these practices, please visit your mobile application settings or location settings within your mobile device.
In addition to the personal information you provide directly to us, we may also collect information from you automatically as you use our Website via cookies. This includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information:
• Usage information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Website, such as the pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on, and referring Website address. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) provide you with targeted online advertising; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnose server and software errors.
• Device information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect certain information about the device you use to access our Website, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) provide you with targeted online advertising; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (v) diagnose server and software errors; (vi) remember your preferences; and (vii) provide enhanced functionality.
• Location information: We use strictly necessary, performance, analytics, and advertising cookies to collect information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) provide you with targeted online advertising; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (v) diagnose server and software errors; (vi) remember your preferences; and (vii) provide enhanced functionality.
• Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook
Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
• Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a tag management system to manage tags used for tracking and analytics on our Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all third-party tags on our Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices.
Our emails also contain cookies and other technologies that allow us to determine certain actions taken by the recipient, such as opens and clicks. To do so, our email provider collects technical information associated with the email, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating system. You can disable this tracking at any time by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Within Brixmor. We may share your personal information within the Brixmor corporate family, including with subsidiaries or affiliates, for legitimate business purposes, to efficiently carry out our business, and to the extent permitted by law.
• With service providers for a business purpose. In the preceding 12 months, we have shared your personal identifiers and internet and other electronic network activity information with service providers that assist us in providing the Services. These service providers include our communication provider, IT support, and website host.
• With IT support for a business purpose. In the preceding 12 months, Brixmor has disclosed your personal identifiers and internet and other electronic network activity information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair errors, and to maintain and improve the Website.
• For a sale. In the 12 months, Brixmor has sold your internet or other electronic network activity information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies with data analytics providers and advertising partners. Such sharing may be deemed a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of this sharing, please visit Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
• In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
• For legal purposes. We will share your personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website, the Services, or any assistance you request.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the following rights:
• Right to access. You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding 12 months.You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
• Right to deletion. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
• Right to opt-out. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not share your personal information for money, however, we do share personal information with certain third parties, which may be considered a sale under the CCPA. Brixmor does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of 16 years.
• Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a request via email at [email protected] or by telephone at (407) 248-2838. To opt-out of the sharing of your internet or other electronic network activity information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies with data analytics providers and advertising partners, please visit https://pointeorlando.com/mydata. For requests submitted via telephone and email, you must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information. The interactive webform contains the information we require to process your request. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. These security measures include encryption, access controls, and employee training. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at [email protected].